Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wine Recommendation

Now and then, I'll be posting on the blog about wines I recommend (or don't), since I'm starting to drink wine. I used to drink hard liquor but I'm getting too old for that and don't want any more brutal hangovers. Tonight, I've been drinking Coppola Rosso, which is a blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet, and Syrah. I've had trouble getting into reds (it's much easier and pleasureable to drink a good Pinot Grigio or even a blush), but this is a really good one. It's got a soft taste, not bitter, and not too dry, which is my qualifier for a good red. It's a little fruity too, which is always good, but just a little.

Coppola's wines are becoming quite famous (and yes, the vineyards are owned by the filmmaker), and this is a really good one. It only goes for around 8-10 dollars, and can be found in most fine liquor and wine stores, including the one I work at on Main Street.

Sorry if I'm not ultra-detailed, as I'm not a pro wine drinker. I'm more of a casual one.

No comments: