Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My Name Is Earl

Another one of my favorite shows is "My Name Is Earl", from the fine folks at NBC. It's definitely one of the funniest TV comedies ever, I don't know who is behind the show, but the writers are pretty damn brilliant. I love how they poke fun at the South, but it's in a gentle, self-effacing way. I think we can all learn from Earl Hickey. The world would be a much better place if even a few of us would write out our past wrongs on a piece of paper and vow to right them.

This past episode was great, you can still see it online at www.nbc.com. It was kind of a tribute to the film "Rudy"; if you haven't seen that, you might not enjoy the episode as much as I did. Several people from Rudy were in the episode, including the guy who was the coach; he's the boss of the applicance store. Charles S. Dutton (Roc) pretty much reprises his part as the mentor, and finally, Rudy himself (Sean Astin) is Earl's main antagonist. I also laughed at seeing Astin because he was Lynn McGill in last season's 24. He was an even bigger jerk here. The part at the end where they're laying down their cards instead of their jerseys was great, lol.

No comments: