Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Weekend

Oh, this weekend was so horrible. I was by myself, and I nearly went mad. There's a saying, "retail sucks", and it's so true. I couldn't even take a bite out of a sandwich, or read a page of my book. When I'd sell to the last customer, the next customer would come in and I'd have to go back behind the counter. I'm a people person, really nice to everybody, but this weekend tested that. I typically love seeing people, especially those I know and who are great, but when I'd see a car pull up or hear the door open, I had to use every ounce of willpower to keep from screaming. I punched the counter a few times. Now I understand why a postal worker goes haywire now and then.

My library has career counseling, so I'm going there this week with my resume. I'm at a point in my life where I don't know what to do. I have my degree, and want to consider grad school, but I want to pay down my loans first. My job pays good, but I have to shoulder too much of the burden, which isn't right and is pissing me off. I work with other people who just come and go as they please, and who don't want to work weekends, etc. So I get stuck having to do it, not that I necessairly mind, but just because I can do it, doesn't mean I always should. On top of that, my bosses are too busy camping or going to their kids' soccer games to care about my working conditions. Some regular told me today "I don't even work here, and I know that you're being taken advantage of." So even the customers think I'm being taken for a ride, that's really bad.

No comments: