Thursday, May 31, 2007

"The Shield" season finale, this Tuesday

What a wild ride it's been. This show keeps getting better and better. This season probably isn't as good as Season 5, but it gives it a run, that's for sure. I'm only disappointed in the number of episodes, I think it was only 10 or 11 this season. But all those episodes were of an exceptionally high quality, very few shows can even compare.

The season finale is this coming Tuesday at 10 PM. It looks like another tipping point between Vic and Shane (It looks as if Shane is going to intimidate Vic's family in a big way), but I doubt there's going to be a final resolution, as there's one more season to go. I'm really going to miss this show when the final episode airs, but at least it's going out at the top of its game. So you really should start catching up on the DVD's if you want to experience a truly great show. If you can't get 'em, there are reruns that air on CW and Spike (check the listings).

Who else felt bad for the Dutchman? He was slowly trying to worm his way into that girl's pants, but it looked like she lost interest (if she had any at all) and moved on to the new head of the Strike Team. Billings is really something. At first, I thought he was a dumb, lazy cop. But he manuipulated that situation in a masterful fashion, and gave a big "fuck you" to Dutch in the process.

I really liked when Shane told Vic that there wasn't going to be a "trap door" he could get out of this time, that he was done. I started believing it, I was really wondering if Vic was going to find a way out of this one. Then the land developer gave Vic that picture of Acaveda. Oh, that picture. Just in the nick of time, Vic has the trump card that he needs. Ass-Invader knows that he's going to have to help Vic keep his job now, or his voters are going to see him sucking cock, literally. I do feel bad for the guy, I wouldn't know what I would do if I had a gun pointed to my head. I loved Vic's line: "This will be a disaster with the voters, except for the ones in West Hollywood." LOL, too true.

No comments: