Sunday, May 13, 2007

If You Live in the Patchogue-Medford area, vote no to the school budget on Tuesday

Before I go to bed, I just want to post this article to any Pat-Med residents who are contemplating on voting for the school budget on Tuesday. If approved, the school budget will go up by 13 percent, which people will see on their taxes. This is an article from last month's Newsday, which reports that the Pat-Med school district has a deficit of 6.4 million dollars. In addition, a former school board member also happened to be a former executive of a phone company that provided services to Patchogue-Medford. I don't think I have to go into any more detail about what kinds of questions this raises.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-liaudi0403,0,5126923.story

I wouldn't be surprised if this were to become another Roslyn. This goes beyond teachers, the entire board needs a complete overhaul. The only budget I ever vote for is the library budget, which I am always proud to vote "Yes" to. But this is the first time I'll be voting in regards to a school budget, and it'll be a resounding "No". Pat-Med might lose its sports program, and I'm sorry to hear that. But Long Islanders are the victims of non-stop ass rape, it seems. We get hit on all sides, and people under 30 don't even have a chance. This is what happens when you give a bunch of people full control of money that is not theirs. This has been happening all over the region, and sadly, Pat-Med is no different.

Also, McDermott, the former superintendent, has moved to Canada. That's an interesting retirement choice. Yes, most interesting.

No comments: