Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Helpful Resource for Bloggers

I found this on a blog and it's very helpful in outlining what you need to do in order to have your blog read by more people, and it tells you how most blogs fail in doing this. I don't know exactly how many people start their blogs in hopes of getting commercial gain or a wide readership, but from what I have seen, I know it's a fairly lofty goal. I don't know how many people read this blog, either by stumbling upon it or regularly visiting it, but I strongly suspect it isn't many at all. And that's okay. Maybe that's what I was hoping for when I first started this, but I find blogging and writing your thoughts down to be very rewarding. And when a friend tells me that they read my blog, or when someone comments on a blog that I made, that's all the better.

So I'll continue to blog, irrelevant of readership. And I try to update at least once a day. Communicating with other bloggers is something I have to work on, I suppose. I just have trouble forming the right words sometimes on the "comment" sections of many blogs. The words only come to me later. Anyway, there are a lot of suggestions on here, to avoid falling into the trap that some bloggers do. I really want to improve the site in any way that I can.

No comments: