Monday, August 13, 2007

U.S. Slips in Life Expectancy

This is definitely relevant in light of "Sicko". Along with the fact that we rank 36 in health care quality, just above Cuba, we place 42nd in life expectancy, with a lifespan of 77.9 years. Experts have stated that our health care crisis certainly plays a big part in this. But also just as importantly, is how we take care of ourselves, or don't take care. Most Americans are either overweight or obese. We shovel junk in our mouths and don't exercise. And I'm no different. Here is what I ate and drank today:

Breakfast--a bowl of Wheaties
Lunch--Steakhouse dip sub from Quiznos, and a large iced coffee from Starbucks (light milk and sugar, though).
Dinner--Baked Macaroni and a bottled water.

I guess that isn't too bad, but it could be better. I don't remember the last time I had a salad. I stopped going to the gym months ago because I had plans that never came to fruition. I don't really exercise, but this article has inspired me. But being an American with a low attention span, I'll probably forget about it after watching TV or playing Marble Blast (I love that game, get it for PC).

No comments: