Sunday, October 7, 2007

Showtime Sunday

Yet another night in the week of my life is wasted, set aside for some quality television shows. My brother turned me on to two programs on Showtime that come on Sundays, Dexter and Brotherhood. They're both in their second seasons, and I've just gobbled up the DVD's of the first seasons over the past couple months (I watched the first season of Dexter in a few days and just finished yesterday afternoon). As far as cable, I thought no one would ever beat HBO, but I was wrong. All of HBO's great, appointment television (Sopranos, Deadwood, Six Feet Under) has disappeared, with the exception of Curb Your Enthusiam. But Showtime has Dexter (centering on a serial killer, but with a "code" so that he only kills those who have it coming to them), Brotherhood (which I consider to be The Sopranos meets The West Wing), and a few shows that sound really good but I haven't gotten to see. Oh, and The L Word, which is my closet show (meaning that no one close to me knows that I watch it), it's great, Melrose Place with lesbians.

So if you haven't watched Dexter or Brotherhood, I'd certainly recommend it. And just to clarify, I'm not getting any money from Showtime for plugging their shows, but if anyone from Showtime is reading this, I'd appreciate it if you'd consider that, as I could use it :)

No comments: