Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Little Green Lies

This is a really good cover story in "Business Week" through the eyes of an environmental director at the Aspen skiing resort, and how much of the corporate hype you hear about how they're fighting global warming and lowering their carbon footprint, is just that, hype. You're shown a world where aspirations for pursuing green policies collide with the ever-present profit motive of Corporate America.

I'm taken in when I see an ad from a company about their concern for global warming, and that they've pursued energy conservation methods. It makes me feel good and that powerful people are doing something about it. I'm sure I'm not the only literate person who's taken in like this, and this article made me more cynical and careful in the future. Also listen to the podcast, included on the link. Thanks to Bru Notes for posting about the article.

No comments: