Monday, October 29, 2007

It's been awhile

I'm still here. Just decided to take a short break from blogging. It was just reading some depressing stuff (the California wildfires, global warming, next year's election). I got tired and spent the weekend doing other things. I've started watching the 1st season of 30 Rock, it's a really great show. Very smart, funny satire, best show about network TV I've seen since Larry Sanders. I also have a meeting tomorrow with the director of the paralegal program I'm going to start taking in a couple of months. I really didn't want to have to take classes after getting my B.A., but I know that this is going to give me a new sense of direction in my career. The hard truth is that a B.A. simply isn't going to do it for a lot of people in these days. You need something more to supplement it. This is a lot better than the alternatives I was considering (a Master's in Library Science, or law school) due to the fact that it's much less expensive and less time-consuming. And in the end, I'll probably end up making the same amount of money.

I'm also probably going to get another job since the holidays are coming up. The extra free time is fun, but the money's leaving faster than I can make it. I should get back to posting soon. In the meantime, enjoy the fall weather (it's finally here, at least I think it is) and have a good Halloween.

No comments: