Monday, July 23, 2007

Dangerous flood strike Britain

I just read of what's going on in Britain and the River Thames, and it reminded me immediately of a 1992 film called "Split Second" with Rutger Hauer that I saw not too long ago. It's a B movie (but a damned good one) about a cop in near-future London who's chasing down a monster who killed his partner. I actually think it took place in 2007 or 2008, and at that time, London is beset with the effects of global warming; the streets are flooded. It's a cheap movie, so not a lot of money was put towards showing extensive effects, but you got the point. It's funny, because I think it might have been the first movie to mention global warming, and I don't think it was even an apple in most peoples' eyes at that time. Al Gore was talking about climate change even then, he'd written the "Earth in the Balance" book, but no one was listening to him.

No comments: