Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

Few people are more indifferent to New Year's than me. I never saw the fascination with making New Year's Resolutions (which people are doomed to fail anyway), gathering together in the cold, and watching a ball drop. It's just another year, and it'll probably suck worse than the last one did. And I'm not just talking about me either. Our economic slide will continue, our Earth will get warmer, more of our men and women will get killed for nothing, and we'll continue to treat each other like utter crap.

Now, as I've probably spoiled your good mood, let me rectify that. If you are in the New York area and it reaches midnight, rather than watch the ball drop and see lame musical acts on these New Years' specials, tune to Channel 11 for the annual Honeymooners marathon. It's over 50 years old, but I'm such a huge fan, as it easily blows the door off most sitcoms leading up to the present. The characters are just memorable and play so well off each other, and the lines and situations are really for big laughs. I can watch this for the rest of my years and it'll never get old to me, I'll still laugh my ass off, while most sitcoms leave me with a few slight chuckles, at best.

So, for what it's worth (if it is worth anything at all), have a happy new year.

No comments: