Sunday, December 23, 2007

Boston Legal

I just watched the first season of "Boston Legal" on DVD. I can't get enough of the Priceline Negotiator commercials with Shatner, so I saw it at the library and gave it a try. I'm also starting my paralegal program in a few days, so I was telling myself that it'd be a "form of research". But it's so good, and very funny and lighthearted. I get turned off by the CSIs and the Law and Orders because they all take themselves so seriously. But a lot of the characters in BL are very funny and offbeat, and a lot of the situations and the cases provide plenty of room for humor. Shatner especially does a great job. He's basically playing himself, and has the best lines of the show.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, because I read that Boston Legal was a spinoff of The Practice, which I was never able to stand. It was so preachy, and I hated Dylan McDermott's character and that obese woman. But yeah, anyway, it's not like I don't watch enough TV already, and now I have another favorite show I have to watch.

No comments: