Saturday, March 22, 2008

Some Stories & Thoughts Before Bedtime

Hi.

It's 2 AM on Friday, and I'm about to go to bed, but I've had a fit of lucidity where I feel the need to write, and so here I am. I have a story to share with you. It's funny to me, although it might fly over your head. I'm a regular at the Starbucks in town. And it seems that every time I find a barrista who is friendly, where we have banter, and she (yeah, hasn't been a male yet) knows my drink without being told, it isn't too long before I don't see her again. So it goes with this one girl. Just very nice, with a wonderful smile, and she makes my drink perfectly.

So, it's been weeks, I've been going in from time to time, I usually sit down at the counter to study, and I don't see this girl. The other barristas are okay, I just don't feel as welcome and comfortable when she isn't around. So I asked one of them today if she still worked there. I did not know her name, so I described her (tall, long red hair, early 20's), and the guy was like, "yeah, I think that's Courtney". She does look like a Courtney, come to think of it. I praised her, saying she was my favorite barrista, knows my drink. And the guy gives me this look, this weird smile. And I'm thinking, "no, no, no, it isn't like that. I just like her as a barrista." And then he tells me that he'll mention that I was asking for her. And I was saying, "no, please don't. I just wanted to know if she was still there."

So now, I feel kinda stalkerish. I'll probably stay away from there for awhile now. He'll probably gossip to everyone. But then again, maybe he won't. He seems like a nice enough kid. But I'll still stay away, just to be safe.

Anyway, did want to share that. And something else that I found funny. Earlier, I was surfing around Youtube, and listening to a few Pink Floyd songs. In the comments section for one of the songs, it might have been "Wish You Were Here", a poster called the song "gay". You know what age bracket that person falls into. But the funny part is that a subsequent poster looked at this guy's "favorites" and saw that song "Hey There Deliah" was on it. Now, that's some pretty rich irony, as you can't get much gayer than Hey There Deliah. What a piece of crap that is.

I think I'll leave you with that. Oh, and Bill Maher made a great speech condemning McCain as our commander-in-chief tonight. You can probably find it on Youtube, excellent stuff. Well, maybe I will see you tomorrow.

No comments: