Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"They" Say the Economy Will be Slowing . . .

Another great post from the Contemplation of Preponderance blog. It covers the absurdity of the current use of the term "inflation" and how our standard of living has fallen exponentially since the 70's and 80's. We squander a substansial amount of our paychecks in filling up our cars, we can't afford homes, yada yada yada. But the way she outlines this is just stunning. And it hit a chord with me. I recently had a career shift due to parting ways with my employer, I'm making less money now than before, I realized that I have a degree that's difficult to market, and now I'm returning to school next month to supplement my education. I'm not entirely complaining, I'm pretty excited about the program that I'm about to take and I'm confident that it'll take me to a place that I'd want to be. But I'm realistic in that I'm not going to have lots of money, or be able to buy a home like my parents. Our generation is really fucked.

No comments: