Monday, September 14, 2009

The Trial of Computers

I might not be posting as much for the next few weeks, only because my computer of five years has finally croaked. Well, not fully. I am still able to access the Internet, but that's literally all that I am able to do. When I started it last night, upon installing iTunes 9 (not sure if that had anything to do with it) all that came up was the wallpaper. No shortcuts, no tabs, nothing. I tried starting "Explorer" (basically the Windows OS) but a tab came up stating that I wasn't allowed access, so it was likely a virus. It wouldn't have been the first time. But like I said, I could access the 'net. I also have my iPod Touch and my PSP, both of which have web browsers.

But the good news is that I just bought a new desktop and a netbook, both off Dell. This last computer was a Dell, and it's lasted longer than any other desktop I had previously owned. What is even better, is that I paid for my netbook using my Paypal account, which had nearly 400 dollars on it from my selling things on Ebay. So it wasn't that bad. This will be my first notebook computer. I think I will always own a desktop (this one I ordered is HD, with a 21" monitor) but one of the things I don't like about owning just a desktop is that I feel chained to my desk. There is a beautiful park in my town that even has free wi-fi, so I am really looking forward to taking my netbook there and doing things. Right now, updating my resume and job hunting are my top priorities, although blogging and a possible sojourn into story writing are also near the top of my list.

So, I will try to post often, but I might not be able to. I swore I wouldn't make any major purchases this year, but best laid plans...

No comments: