Thursday, September 17, 2009

The 2000 European Fuel Protest and How It Relates to Our Future

This is a really good piece from LATOC (Life After the Oil Crash) about the fuel shortages that occurred in Great Britain nine years ago (as a result of protests over high fuel prices) and how it can be a pending sneak preview of our future, in America as well as the rest of the industrialized world.

I don't have much time, as I'm about to leave the library (the only place I can post these days, until my new computers arrive). But I am trying to figure out what to do next, as far as PO goes. The "meeting" of the PO Society last week, was a disaster. I was expecting a total of 5 people, including myself, but only 2 showed up. The man who showed up really knew his stuff on PO, and I learned a few things, but the fact that so many people just no-showed really deflated my enthasium. It shouldn't really surprise me. The concept of PO requires such a radical paradigm shift that I think even the most consciousally (SP) active people, including Greens, are in a kind of denial about it. Which is tragic, since I feel the Greens need people who are aware and passionate about mitigating PO, and those were the people who no-showed. So I'm trying to figure out what to do next. I really doubt I'm going to do anything more with it, which saddens me, but it does remind me why I left activism to begin with. Well, time will tell.

No comments: