Thursday, January 5, 2012

An Interview With Another Great Author

Yesterday, I posted a link to an illustrious panel talking about the issues of the day, and today, I found a recently uploaded Youtube video of another of my favorite authors, Chris Hedges.  Hedges had been a war reporter for around 20 years, and is now writing editorials for the website Truthout.  He wrote a great book, "War is a Force That Gives Us Meaning" and the last book of his that I read, "Empire of Illusion", is pretty incredible as well.  While he does not write about peak oil extensively like Kunstler or Orlov, a key theme of his has become the decline of the American empire.  In his words, "the descent is going to be horrifying."

This interview was originally broadcast on C-SPAN's BookTV, and the interview is 3 hours long.  I think it'll totally be worth it.

No comments: