Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Warm December

This is from the "It's Getting Hot in Here" blog. It pretty much speaks for itself, and it's funny too. If I have to hear one more person saying how beautiful it is, I think I'm gonna throw up.

“A Warm December”
A warm December and there’s reason to believe
Maybe next will be hotter than the last
I just remember the way it used to snow
and the jackets I once wore have turned to dust
and it’s one more day you’ll still be tanning
and it’s one warm night in shorts and tees
but if you think its gonna be a blessing
think again.
The sight of glaciers slowly melting
and the feeling that we’re straddling the drop-off with no shute
but then you look across a muddled planet
and think that just a little hope can save the world

and it’s one warm day you’ll still be tanning
and it’s one warm night in shorts and tees
and soon we all be Californians, think again
Drove to the Capitol sometime after two a.m.
And thought a little while about the year
I guess the winter makes you act a little slower,
Makes you feel a little lower about the things you could have done
And its been a warm December and there’s reason to believe
Maybe this year will be hotter than the last
I cant remember all the things I gotta do
to just shift the world slightly as it passed
and it’s one warm day you’ll still be tanning
and it’s one warm night in shorts and tees
now Santa’s got a boat on the ocean, sinkin in.

Thanks to Josh Tulkin at the It's Getting Hot in Here blog:
http://itsgettinghotinhere.org/874#more-874

No comments: