Tuesday, July 24, 2007

No need to fear, Underdog is here :)

I just came back from Target, and saw that the show Underdog has been released on DVD. I kind of don't like what they're doing with these old-style cartoons. I remember when Rocky and Bullwinkle was being released on DVD, and they'd release them by the season, so you were getting everything. But with these "best-of" sets, you have to expect it to be more of a mishmash. That's what I'm expecting here, but I still bought it. These companies probably release these small DVD's (this is only 2 hours) and see how they'll sell before releasing the season. The problem is that the hardcore fans (the only ones likely to buy it) will hold out for the seasonal-length DVD's. So it's kind of a big Catch-22.

But I bought it anyway, only because I'm just an overgrown kid at heart and I loved Underdog and Tennessee Tuxedo when I was a kid. I remember as a kid, I'd wake up early on the weekends, like 6:30, because that's when Channel 7 had the old-time shows like Tennessee Tuxedo and King Leonardo. To me, those were the best, as it was the late 80's, early 90's and cartoons were going through a huge creative spiel. And it was only 10 bucks, so I guess you can't go wrong.

No comments: